First Water Contracting has immediate openings for civil construction laborers. Ideal candidates should be physically capable of 60+ hours per week of strenuous, labor intensive activity in extreme weather conditions and possess an eagerness to learn and advance in personal skill and ability. Prior experience in road, bridge, or underground utility construction is preferred but not mandatory. Successful candidates will be responsible for punctual and consistent attendance to work. All First Water Contracting employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, be authorized to work in the United States, and follow all company and governmental safety guidelines at all times. First Water Contracting is an equal opportunity employer and offers a very lucrative benefits package including medical / dental / vision insurance, competitive pay and bonuses, company-matched 401K retirement plan, and paid holidays / vacation after a mandatory waiting period.
- Manual labor work including shoveling, raking, picking, and heavy lifting
- Display a professional, respectful attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and the general public
- Report to work each day at the designated time.
- Closely follow instructions from supervisors
- Perform a variety of tasks that will change often as work conditions require.
- Work in extreme weather conditions, including temperatures over 100 degrees and below 30 degrees.
- Adhere to safe working practices as outlined by the company and its supervisors, including properly utilizing all required PPE
- Ability to use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor for long hours.
- Ability to frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, lift, push, and pull.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to sufficiently see and hear (with or without correction.)
- Ability to work overtime, as requested.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- We are an equal opportunity employer and highly encourage minorities and women to apply.