First Water Contracting has immediate openings for Heavy Equipment Operators. Ideal candidates should have at least two years of experience operating specific heavy equipment such as: front loaders, excavators, compaction equipment, curb machines, asphalt pavers, motorgraders or scrapers. Successful candidates will be responsible for pre-work safety and maintenance inspections and routine maintenance on the equipment, or requesting non-maintenance repairs. All First Water Contracting employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, be authorized to work in the United States, and follow all company and governmental safety guidelines at all times. First Water Contracting is an equal opportunity employer and offers a very lucrative benefits package including medical / dental / vision insurance, competitive pay and bonuses, company-matched 401K retirement plan, and paid holidays / vacation after a mandatory waiting period.
- Operates heavy construction equipment used in road / bridge and heavy infrastructure construction, maintenance and repair activities such as excavators, tractors, front-end loader, dozers, scrapers, compaction equipment, asphalt pavers, curb machines, reclaimers and other specialized equipment.
- Repeatedly mounts and dismounts equipment throughout the day
- Performs daily pre-work safety and maintenance inspections of equipment
- Performs other semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance of street / bridge and utilities projects
- Occasionally perform laborious tasks as the job requires (shoveling, lifting, etc.)
- Display a professional, respectful attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and the general public
- Report to work each day at the designated time.
- Closely follow instructions from supervisors
- Perform a variety of tasks that will change often as work conditions require.
- Work in extreme weather conditions, including temperatures over 100 degrees and below 30 degrees.
- Adhere to safe working practices as outlined by the company and its supervisors, including properly utilizing all required PPE
- Ability to use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to sufficiently see and hear (with or without correction.)
- Ability to work overtime, as requested.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 2 years of heavy equipment experience on specialized equipment as presented in your application is preferred but not required
- We are an equal opportunity employer and highly encourage minorities and women to apply.